If you have finally had enough of the 9-5 grind and want to strike out in business on your own, can you be sure that you have an entrepreneurial streak that will carry you through from start to finish of your vision? Looking at entrepreneurs at work, maybe you are asking "are there keys to help identify the entrepreneurial streak in me?"
First off the bat is the nature vs. nurture debate. Is it all down to genetic make-up or is it home conditioning that has the magic mix? Who can say for sure? Suffice it to say that there are definitely those gifted with a mind that can see opportunities that have been blinded to the rest of us.
So, if you want to be an entrepreneur at work in your own business, what are some of the ways that help identify an entrepreneurial streak? Rate yourself on the following:
1. Do you live your life in the fast lane? How are your levels of energy and drive compared to others?
2. Do you boldly go where no-one else has gone before? Are you confident enough to take a risk?
3. Are you over your head in debt? Or do you have a clear understanding of how money works to help generate more income?
4. Are you a team leader? Can you get others to work for you in a productive way?
5. Are your best goals achievable or are you living in la-la land?
6. Are you in charge of your journey, or are you a passive follower?
7. Can you admit when you have made mistakes and learn from your failures?
8. Is there a long-range forecast for your business, or is it only for the foreseeable future?
9. Does your competitive streak work for you or against you?
These questions are all based on a study carried out by the Harvard Business Review where they noted the top most common attributes at work in successful entrepreneurs.
It's easy for the majority of us to give up, thinking that we don't have the necessary 'talents' that people like gazillionaire Richard Branson have, but rumour has it that even he had his failures. He actually had a very poor academic record at school, but somehow was gifted with the ability to do things as a 16 year old that set him on course to success.
So how did you get on with the questions? Are you good to go? Do you have a green light to full steam ahead? Or do you have a desire lurking deep on the inside of you that you want to turn into a reality but need some extra help with?
Article by: Olive Bush
Post a Comment